Sunday, September 4, 2011

TA: Obioha (Obi) Durunna

Obi was born in Nigeria where he completed his undergraduate degree in Animal Science and Technology from the Federal University of Technology Owerri, Nigeria. He proceeded to University of Manitoba in 2004 for his MSc degree. While at the U of M, he worked as a facilitator with the International Centre for Students (ICS), helping international students to acclimate to the Canadian environment. He also worked as a Teaching Assistant in several courses while pursuing his Masters degree. He joined the AFNS in 2007 where he served as a GSA councilor for the department. He had also been part of the ALES204 team since then. Obi also assists Action for Healthy Communities Edmonton (AFHC) in training their facilitators as well as conducting cross-cultural workshops in several high schools in Edmonton. He just completed his PhD program in Statistical Genomics.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Obi, I notices our classroom isnt available today for lab.. what are we doing about that/where are we going? Are we having a lab this week for D1?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never read this bio about Obi before but since he is my TA for lab I found it very interesting. I am especially glad he is my TA because I am also an animal science student so maybe I can learn from him!
    He has been a part of ALES for so long! It definitely shows because he has a lot of great advice about public speaking.
    I think Obi is a great TA and responds very fast to e-mails.

    ReplyDelete