Friday, October 7, 2011

Effective PowerPoint Presentation

Hello everybody!

I had such a wonderful Wednesday morning in your company; thank you!

Thank you also very much for your comments on the class blog and twitter.

As many of you mentioned, a PowerPoint can take many forms. In some occasions a PowerPoint is used to sell a product or an idea, other times it is used to present the results of a study. In all cases, the PowerPoint must target an audience and must be created with a precise objective in mind. Mine was containing more text that I’m usually comfortable with. The reason for so much text was that I wanted you to use my PowerPoint as notes that you can refer to later during the semester. In other words, I have adjusted my presentation to my audience’s (you) needs.

The best piece of advice is obviously to have fun and to be creative while making and presenting your PowerPoint. This is also an advice that I try to apply in my life in as many situations as possible!!

Have a great weekend!

MC

9 comments:

  1. Thanks Marie-Claude for a very creative (the dog photos!) and helpful presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved your presentation! kept me interested with all the humor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am Yiting Jin. Thank you do much MC for your interesting and practical teaching in effective presentation. I enjoyed every minute of that class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's the link to my presentation:
    http://www.slideshare.net/upload

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sean, I think you need to add a direct link to your presentation, this is just the link to upload.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed your presentation. So many pointers that will helpp me in my future presentations. I learned it is okay to show your personality through the slides, just don't go colour or font crazy! Thanks MC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I gained a lot from the presentation. I now feel like I know all the guidelines for creating an effective and interesting presentation.
    I agree that it is important to have fun and be creative with a presentation. Not only does the presentation have to be eye-catching, but the presenter also has to engage their audience (easier said than done).
    Thank you very much for your presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i loved the idea of you dos photos. It was sucha creative and amusing hook. It would definatly get your audiences attenetion. I also like how you used one of your own past powerpoints for a presentation so we could get a feel for a professional scientific presentation

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for coming!! Any presentation with dogs is sure to keep my attention! Haha! Very helpful presentation!

    ReplyDelete