Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Lecture 35: Final Day of Classes

Hi everyone!

And here we are, on the very last day of ALES204 - I know you'll miss it! :)

REMINDER: Your E-portfolio is due today by 17:00. Please send the link to your blog to your TA. And, don't forget to include the links to your FIVE comments in your final blog post.


I'd like to thank you all for coming to class and participating both in class and through the class blog, your blogs and twitter. I'd also like to wish you all a lovely festive season. On that note, here is a video from 16 year old Winnipeg student Sean Quigley, who harnessed social media (youtube) and is now famous: a Canadian wintery rendition of The Little Drummer Boy.





On our last day, as mentioned, we will have the exciting Pecha Kucha presentations for the CSL students. They are going to share with us a little bit about what they've been working on this term. Perhaps you'll be so interested, you'll want to enroll in CSL in another term.

After the Pecha Kucha presentations I would like you all to take about 10 minutes to answer a survey I've created. I'm very interested to hear your thoughts on the course, what you learnt and perhaps what you would still like to learn. I'll use this information in my next course design! I appreciate your input and your participation.

You can fill in the form right here (scroll down a bit) or access the google doc (but of course!) here. Note, feel free to work with a partner.

And finally, we'll conclude our class with a special send-off from three of your classmates, Kelsey MacDonald, Julianna Damer and Annalise Young.

12 comments:

  1. Wow, those CSL presentations were awesome! I didn't realize what CSL really was and I am glad I got to find out! I also learned a lot! I will definitely be checking out more of the infolink services and I gained an appreciation for what Sustain SU is doing on campus. I also really liked the presentations using prezi and audioboo. It was a cool way to incorporate what we have learned in class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally done my E-Portfolio! And what an interesting course ALES 204 has been. I really enjoyed hearing about the CSL placements, and now I kind of regret not signing up! But hope you guys had a great learning experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wrapping up my E-Portfolio and thinking back on all I learned in this class. This was a good introduction to social media and exposed me to a number of different media forms I would otherwise not have used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fascinating presentations today. I liked how people managed to talk about all the information in their slides in 20 seconds. Impressive!

    Finishing up my E-portfolio and I wanted to say the best thing from this course was learning about and utilizing a variety of social media tools, some which I have never even heard of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sad, last class... I really enjoyed everybody's presentations, specially the video made by julianna, kelsey and Annalise, it looked like they had a ton of fun and they incorporated all the great tools this class offered.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is time to say Good Bye to Ales204, though it is sad, i Have learned many life long lessons that I will always be remembering and embracing it with me. The poster presentation today were a really good wrap up of the course, and I loved the Summary Presentation made by Kelsey, Annalise, and Julianna.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for a great semester Jess. You saved me from pen and paper and brought me into the information age.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the adventure into social media Dr.Laccetti. Can we look forward to having access to the fall 2011 ALES 204 class blog archives in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great way to end the semester. (I much prefer to leave on a class like today rather than a final, wouldn't you say?). I would like to congratulate all of the individuals who took part in the CSL program. I didn't really understand what it was before but If I am given the CSL option for future classes I would consider participating. It was nice to see what everyone else worked on throughout the term.
    The final video by the ladies was excellent. It really captured the essence of ALES204.
    Thank you Dr. Laccetti for all the new knowledge and skills I have developed this semester in ALES204.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just finished writing the survey. Everything I wanted to say about this class is on my blog and on the survey (I wrote so much). This class definitely made a difference in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone for the comments!

    And yes, the blog will stay up and open as long as Blogger is around to host it!

    Keep tweeting everyone! You never know, I might ask you to come present to next term's group!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel a lot more social media savvy after completing this course! It feels good, I highly value any cutting-edge technological skill in this technological boom of programs and amazing hardware.
    Blogging was fun, and I can't believe how much I love Twitter after being introduced to.
    I honestly believe that every class should be encouraged to comment on an official class hashtag. It would really help for review of keypoints each lecture.
    When students discuss and post there individual understand interpretations of the lecture, I have a way better understand of the subject matter. Twitter makes that really easy.

    ReplyDelete